2020 Vision – a unified portion of the Body of Christ moving in one direction to effect for God and for the good of the lives of all people living in the Wernersville area. “Faith, Hope, Love, Serve.”
2020 Mission – strengthen individual disciples and groups through worship, prayer, learning and service so that together and apart we can make God’s love and grace real to our neighbors.
2020 Objectives – continue to emphasize quality worship and music in the Reformed tradition; continue to focus on education and programs for children, youth, and families. Continue to emphasize caring for each other, especially our elderly and infirm. Raise service in and for our ‘neighbors’ as a foundational element of our life together. in all things, keeping Jesus and the gospel at the heart of everything we do, by 2020 we will create an ethos of expectation, experimentation and transformation by:
Already in Process:
- ‘Unaffiliated’ population are not people without faith or belief. In many cases Christianity carries with it negative expectations. In response, we extend a radical welcome: “Whoever you are and wherever you are on life’s journey, you are welcome here.”
- Be present in and with our community; e.g. serving with the Lion’s Club at the Wernersville Fair.
- Grow in our use of and presence through technology, social media, and web presence. Make segments (or whole) worship services available online. Make donating online possible.
- offer web connection capacity throughout the building.
- Recognizing that birth rates have fueled our growth in the past and will not fuel our growth into the future, develop a culture of welcome, and implement a systematic means to invite, include, and integrate new members.
- Remembering that church growth is a byproduct of a vital spiritual community, we will connect our people to training, inspirational experiences, networking opportunities and resources with the goal of increasing active participation in our church by 10%.
- Turning church inside out: to focus on community transformation as much as church growth. We want to increase our faithfulness and love of God, and neighbor as measured by the quality of life standards of our community. Build upon our mission work with, The Conrad Weiser Food Pantry, Little Acts of Love, and Family Promise. Identifying at least two new ‘hands on’ mission focuses; planning at least one ‘offsite’ mission trip yearly. Consider how our building can be utilized by other groups; so that we become a ‘hub’ for community activity.
- Steamline our ‘structure’ to facilitate better service and communication; reduce the number of standing committees and increase the number of ‘temporary’ task forces.
- Consider Staffing structure, identifying areas of ministry we want to strengthen and strategizing staffing to meet these goal(s).
- Increasing OCWM pledge to the Penn SE Conference 2% each year through 2020.
- Creating an Internship Program that expects a student pastor each year; to actively engage in preparing pastors for the next generation by providing opportunity for ‘learning’ by serving here at Hain’s Church; supporting this initiative financially, spiritually, physically.
Together, we now shift the narrative of the decline of mainline protestantism to a story of hope for a generative future. We are the model for those seeking transformation in their congregation settings across the conference. We believe in the God of resurrection, and in God we place our faith and hope.
Let us begin…..